Friday, July 16, 2010

Two questions I ask...

Tonight I was discussing with my husband how I've discovered there are two very important "mom" questions I've found myself asking...

all.day.long.

1.) What's in your mouth?

2.) Did you poop?

(quick rewind---my husband asks these exact same questions---apparently it's not just a mom thing?!?)

The first question usually takes a bit of investigating to see what, if anything, is currently being treated as a tasty snack. The second however...well, let's just say if I'm asking the question--I already probably have a fair amount of evidence to support my suspicion.

Am I alone in this?

I feel like my conversations (well, I suppose it's not so much a conversation when the opposite person just smiles and crawls away when you ask a question--but still...) um, so--scratch conversations--I feel like I spend a majority of my day trying to discover what my daughter put into her body, and unfortunately, what might be coming out. (sorry if that's a little too personal for some of you--just trying to keep it real!)

Some recent discoveries that Lucy's tried to ingest include parts of her board book, random cheerios, wood chips, grass, and the wrapper off a bar of soap. Thankfully I watch her like a hawk and wisk things out of her mouth usually as quickly as she gets them in.

sigh.

I guess I just have to chalk this up as a lil' girl exploring her very big world.

No comments:

Post a Comment