Thursday, December 23, 2010

and if I can't finish the first one, what hope is there for the next?




baby books.



I have a love/hate relationship with them. I had great aspirations of documenting each pregnancy/ first year of my children's lives with great detail & photos.



I have a belly book that is almost finished (from Lucy's pregnancy, no less) & her baby book has about 1/4 of the pages written on. I couldn't tell you exactly the date she rolled over (though that's on video), sat up, started crawling, walking, got her first tooth, etc.... I have approximate time frames, but for the life of me, I'm not one of those moms.





Enter Plan B.





I cheated. I totally just assembled photos of Lucy's first year into a photo book. I'm hoping to write out little notes about each month and attach at a later date....but if that never happens, at least I have a photo book documenting her first year.





With Baby #2 we're going to try hanging a calendar in the nursery and documenting milestones there--then I can have it all ready to go when I order a photo book documenting their first year.


1 comment:

  1. I think these are great ideas! We had a calendar for Evie, but nothing for Elias. I just go off the emails and facebook updates when I do his baby stuff!
    Evie's scrapbook is up-to-date as of her BIRTH. Elias's isn't even started. You're doing MUCH better than me!!!

    ReplyDelete