Thursday, January 27, 2011

"While I'm waiting..."

I've alluded before that real life right now has been hard...as it likely is for most people.  In fact, I know several people right now where life is just plain HARD in this moment.  I have felt discouraged, uncertain, angry & forgotten.  I've felt similarily in the past...(ironically the last time I remember feeling this way was during my last pregnancy---but that was a totally different and un-related situation.)

Financial stress is our primary reason for feeling so discouraged in this moment---add to that car troubles, medical bills that are piling up, a second little one on the way & an unexpected loss of income and it all adds up to confusion for us.  We're trying.  Trying to trust, listen & discern.  And most of all...trying to remember just how faithful God has been to us.  (My goodness...Heaven only knows the conditions we've been rescued from time & time again.)

While we wait, we're trying to act at the same time...something that isn't always easy.  I think there are two extremes that people get caught in---overaction OR no action.  Overactive people jump before prayer, trying to lean on their own strength.  No action people tend to wait...and wait...and wait....

We have been guilty of being BOTH people...though I think we're finally reaching some middle ground in this particular situation and time.  Trying to balance action WITH patient waiting.

And with that, I leave you with a song that sums up best what our heart's desire is right now...

While I'm Waiting---John Waller

I'm waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

(You should search for the video on YouTube....just to hear it if you never have!)

No comments:

Post a Comment